Oops. I just found this in my drafts, I guess I never got around to posting it. So here it is just for the heck of it.
Yesterday was a busy day. It started out with a Primary Program practice for Alex and Sam. Then straight to Alex's basketball game and from there to the park for a cousin Halloween Party. That evening Merritt and I were headed to Idaho Falls for a birthday dinner and the first date in over a month. I was very much looking forward to Olive Garden salad and breadsticks and an evening with Merritt. About a mile before Shelley the tire blew out on Mert's truck. There was a semi on the right side of us and by the time we were able to pull over there was a lot of damage. I had no idea a tire could do so much. It was bad enough we had to call a tow truck. So the next couple of hours was spent calling a tow truck, waiting for the tow truck and getting it back home. So at 8:30 we went into Blackfoot and ate at PBG's. Very disappointing. It was very expensive and not very good. Ah well, that's how birthday's go.
Update (11/18/07): I wish I had taken pictures of the truck. It looked like we had been in a wreck not just a blowout. We just barely got the truck back from the shop yesterday and they did a good job on it. They did some extras for free and it looks like a brand new truck.
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Birthday Dinner
Posted by Mandee at 4:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I had NO idea you could do so much damage by blowing a tire! I thought you just put the donut on and all was well!
Man, what a memory. Hope your birthday is less memorable in a bad way and more memorable in a great way.
Post a Comment