Sunday, June 21, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away

I am going to go crazy if the rain does not stop soon! The desire for sun and a chance to play outside and work in the yard is only part of my wish for no more rain. The biggest reason is Sam is TERRIFIED of the lightening and thunder. If there is even a hint of a gray cloud in the sky he freaks out. All day long he asks questions: Have I watched the news and when is the thunderstorm coming (he wants to know the exact hour and minute)? could lightening break the swing set and start it on fire? can lightening break our house and start it on fire? is it going to hail and break our house again? how far away is the lightening? when is the last day of rain going to be?...and many, many, many more. He also comes running every time he hears a noise in the house (a door shutting, something being dropped, me doing the dishes, something being set down, a toilet being flushed, etc) because he thinks it is thunder. I am sympathetic, really I am. I realize that thunder and lightening and hail can be scary, but his fear has been all day long, every day since the rain started. Even on the one day in the past three weeks that it didn't rain he would not go outside because he could see gray clouds in the distance.

PLEASE let the forecast be right and let us have some sun this week with no gray clouds!

6 comments:

Beth said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a rain free week in Idaho! I know where supposed to by dry all week in Utah.

Vance King said...

That is so funny!!! We are tired of the rain too but luckily yesterday was the first day of summer. Bring on the summer weather.

P3 said...

I hope it is a good week for you as well. It is definitely no fun when your kids are scared of something, they cling on to you and there is no reasoning with them whatsoever.... So sorry - hopefully this will pass soon.

dhillman said...

I heard it was raining like crazy up that way from my Utah family, but I didn't realize that you were getting it too!
We have had the craziest summer weather--this week we will be in the 100's first time since May. Crazy. Then we will start our rainy season too.
So sorry to hear Sam is so scared--it is kind of cute too! Keep him away from AZ for a while! But give him and Alex a hug or two from us!

The Hammond Family Blog said...

If you ever get a way to help him overcome his fear, please pass on the help. Dealing with children and what they get scared over is sometimes so frustrating.

Megan B ♥ said...

How interesting! I wonder how that started!