I can't believe how grown up our Alex is getting. NINE years old. Can you believe it? It has been really fun to watch him grow up but I wish it would go just a little slower! He is such sweet boy and loves to help out. He has been mowing the lawn all by himself, taking care of Papa's cows, and does any job I ask of him. He is such a serious boy, for example--he won't go to church with out a white shirt and tie, we must be on time to everything, and you have to follow any game rules exactly as they are written. He can also be a little goof ball but not everybody gets to see that side of him. He is a fun kid and we love him so much!
For his birthday we invited a few friends from school and had a Harry Potter party. They painted wands, played Chamber of Secrets tag (basically freeze tag--the person who was it was the basilisk and to unfreeze someone had to touch you and say "motivota"), had a Divination class (Alex had to guess what his presents were), and a Potions class (we did all kinds of kitchen chemistry--like vinegar and baking soda) which was by far the favorite. The boys were so funny and really played it up. They gave me the password "flibbertigibblet" when they arrived and they all talked and acted just they were real wizards. It was quite funny to listen to! That night we had family over for cake and ice cream. Alex is a very spoiled boy!
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Alex is NINE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
What a great birthday celebration! Your ideas for his Harry Potter party are so cute. I love all the pictures
Happy Birthday Alex, we love you!
What an awesome party planner you are! I better close this window before my kids see it and beg to go live at your house. Happy Birthday Alex!
I wish I could have a Harry Potter birthday like Alex's ;) If only I were 9! Sounds like a really fun party for all.
Post a Comment