Sunday, June 28, 2009

Father's Day

We spent a great Father's Day weekend in Island Park. Actually Thursday night Merritt had an office retreat and they always do it in Island Park so the boys and I rode up with him and stayed at my mom's cabin. Yep. Just me and the boys all night long. Just as we were getting there a crazy hail and thunderstorm hit. I don't think the boys thought I was much protection because they kept saying, "I wish Grandma was here. I really wish Grandma was here!" However it passed quickly and we played board games and watched a movie. I had a great time and can't wait to do a weekend alone with them again. I didn't have the nagging feeling that I should be doing something else (like cleaning bathrooms or doing laundry) and was able to just enjoy playing with them.

The next day we met up with Merritt and his Mom and Dad and Shay and Melissa's family came up. It rained on and off but we were able to enjoy a little time outside and the guys were able to do a little water skiing. We went s'moring (as Olivia calls it) watched movies, played games, and had lots of fun.




In primary the week before the boys made ties for their dad but because we didn't make it back to our ward Merritt wore them to work the next week. I am so grateful for Merritt and the wonderful husband and father that he is. I hope my boys are learning from his example and will be just like him when they grow up. I love him more everyday.





2 comments:

dhillman said...

Oh, I want to be at the cabin right now! It is soo hot here and it would be fun to hang out with you!
That man of yours is a keeper--so great of him to wear the ties

Megan B ♥ said...

Those ties are AWESOME!!!!!!!!! I have to show Justin what a good Daddy Mert is.