Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Vegas, Baby

For the partner retreat this year we spent the weekend in Las Vegas. I have been there twice when I was younger (but only for a night and I don't remember much) and Merritt has never been. We made it to a session at the temple, ate at a couple of great buffets, rode on the roller coaster on top of New York, New York, saw the Donny & Marie show (not my first choice, but better than I thought it would be), and walked through all the crazy hotel/casinos. Oh, and tried to avoid the "handouts" that were shoved in our faces and littered the ground. As we walked around I just kept thinking about the billions of dollars that have been dumped into that place. Can you imagine the good that all that cash could do somewhere useful? All the people it would house and feed? What an incredible waste. We had a great time and a lot of fun, but I have decided that I could never make it back to Vegas and be just fine.

I forgot to get pictures, so this is really all we have. Not great.

2 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

That's kind of our take on it too. Great place to visit... once. Though the buffets sure are awesome :) And we took in an amazing Cirque du Soleil show while we were there.

dhillman said...

Yeah, it is fun to say you have been there and that is about it. YEARS ago, it used to be more fun to walk around and see the water shows, the ship sink, the magic etc, but they have turned all that stuff into skanky stuff now. Now it is an assault on the senses. But it is fun to get away for a bit!