We finally made it to Disneyland! We have been talking about it for almost a year and the boys have been saving their money all summer. We had less than two days after we got home from Las Vegas to do laundry and repack.
We had three days there and we had so much fun. October is the perfect time to go, not sweltering hot and the lines were short. We walked on to most of the rides. It was GREAT! We also did trick-or-treating at California Adventure which was SO fun. You should definitely do that if you ever go in October. They only sell a limited number of tickets so the lines are short and you get handfuls of treats at all the trick-or-treat stops.
Alex was the perfect age to take. He is still young enough for the magic and yet old enough to ride on everything. He loved every ride, except for Indian Jones (a little too scary), and to my surprise his favorites were the roller coasters, especially California Screamer. Sam was a little more timid and almost every ride scared him. We made him go on all the rides he was tall enough for (which was most) and when it was done he would say, "I NEVER want to go on that again. I told you I didn't want to go on it." Although I must admit some of those kids rides are a little scary, Alice in Wonderland...a bit strange. His favorite rides were Buzz Lightyear, Woody's Roundup, Star Tours, the train, and riding the Monorail.
This was Sam's ride for most of the trip. His legs just are not quite long enough to make it a whole day and we did not want to mess with a stroller. Poor Merritt ended up carrying the backpack and Sam a lot.
They picked out their own Mickey ears. For a kid that gets scared easily Sam sure likes skeletons.
They loved the Lego Store in Downtown Disney! I think Sam would have been happy if that was all we had done.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
The happiest place on earth
I was a little worried about how it would work out but I cannot wait to go back. They are both already asking when our next trip will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh man, I am so jealous!!!! Though you've convinced me that waiting another year (or two) might not be a bad idea...
I didn't know or I forgot you were going to Disney!! I love the pics. So glad you all had fun. I love Disney!
Wow! I love all those pictures! :-) Looks like you guys had a blast... it definitely looks like the happiest place on earth for lil' boys! :-) Glad to have ya back though! :-) even though I never get to see ya! ;-)
Post a Comment