I love Halloween! I love carving pumpkins, dressing up in costumes, playing in the leaves, eating candy, decorating with pumpkins, ghosts, and witches (all non-scary versions), making fun Halloween food and treats. I LOVE IT ALL! Maybe it has to do with my birthday being only a few days before and growing up with dress up parties every year.
This past weekend we had a few friends over for a little Halloween pumpkin carving party. We had 27 people (mostly little ones) and it was so fun. We have not seen some of them much in the past year and it was fun to reconnect. I feel like I have been a hermit for awhile and I am ready to be social again.
After dinner of taco soup, white chili, bone bread sticks, mummy dogs, witches brew and lots of yummy treats we headed to the garage to do some carving. I forgot to get pictures of Alex and Sam with our finished pumpkins so I will do that on Halloween.
After Merritt was done Sam proceeded to carve off all the teeth.
Digging out some pumpkin guts.

4 comments:
Mandee, that looks like so much fun!!! What a great idea for next year. You are so creative.
1. as far as the not scaray stuff, I am totally with you. I'm annoyed that our neighbor has bloody heads hanging from a net.
2. "A few friends" over, Mandee? You crack me up!
3. I love that Sammy took off the teeth from his pumpkin. I bet that made the master carver pretty annoyed though!
Looks like so much fun! We have some decorations up and went to the ward trunk or treat last night--so far that is all of our halloween celebrations and I don't see much more in the days to come! We need some young people around I guess!
i hope you took pics of your "scary dinner" to send to O magazine- you are too creative! Looks like all the kids are having a blast! You obviously know how to throw a party!
Post a Comment