Friday, April 18, 2008

The paper chase

Tax season has made it a little difficult to get much done on the adoption papers. Now that it is over we will hopefully see some progress. This morning Merritt and I went in for our first set of fingerprints and criminal background check. We have our doctor appointment on Monday and we just about have our autobiographies done. The autobiography has had me totally stressed out. I am not a writer and I HATE to write. They want a whole lot of detail about our life. From describing our parents as individuals, their marriage, how we were parented, our relationship with our siblings growing up and now, to every job we have ever had (including lawn mowing and babysitting) to everything about our marriage including our intimate relationship. And that is only a tiny portion. I'll be glad when I finally have that finished. You would think it would motivate me to get it over with, but no, I just procrastinate it.

3 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Oh, Mandee, that just sounds so invasive. I'm so sorry :( This will all be worth it...

P3 said...

Mandee, I am the say way - procrastinator. We are sisters in soul.

Good luck with the paper work - it will be all worth it in the end.

dhillman said...

It has been almost 23 years and I still remember going through that process..it doesn't sound like it has changed much! My memory is so bad, it only includes the really bad or really good and then some random, obscure things that I can't figure out why I remember...anyway, my point is that those adoption process memories fall into both categories for me. It is the "labor" and then the blessing comes and it is all worth it.
Hang in there and don't keep torturing yourself...just get it over with! :)