Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I LOVE BOOKS!

It is time to come back to reality. I have been spending every spare minute (which there hasn't been much of) reading lately and I am getting nothing accomplished. If I have to leave the house for some sort of obligation, then I put the book down, but if I am in the house I have a book open. I can't even dry my hair or go to the bathroom without a book in hand! I finally got my house cleaned, and I mean spic-n-span spotless, yesterday. However, the only reason I was able to accomplish the huge task was because I had finished a book on Monday and didn't have another one to start. That, and we had 2 couples coming to look at the house last night (that is a pretty good motivator)! This all started with Twilight, a book about vampires and romance. I know, sounds totally corny, but finally after Megan's persistence that it was a good book I gave in. Wow! No matter how cheesy you think it sounds, you must read it. So then of course I read the sequel, New Moon. Since then I have read Goose Girl, Enna Burning, River Secrets, and Princess Academy, all by Shannon Hale. Also, Fablehaven (books 1 & 2), by Brandon Mull. And finally Uglies, by Scott Westerfeld. Now I just need to go get Pretties and Specials. Once I am done with those two I have pretty much made it through my list and will be anxiously awaiting the last Harry Potter (in July) and Eclipse (sequel to Twilight and New Moon, in August). So if anyone has some good books to recommend let me know. Or maybe I should take a break for awhile! :) So, these is are my recommendations, they can all be found in the young adult section. I love them so much I plan on owning them all in hardcover someday!

4 comments:

Megan B said...

See I need to show Justin that I'm not TOO weird!!

And yes, that blasted Twilight was what got me all hooked up and obsessive again!!!

I just finished Laddie, which I LOVED (After the first 100 pages), and I just started the highly recommended "These is my words", so I'll tell you how that goes.

Jane Eyre and Anne arrived in the mail the other day! Woo hoo!!! Justin thinks I'm a book worm, but he doesn't realize what a good connotation that has in my mind :)

Megan B said...

How did you like River Secrets? ANd how did you end up liking Fable Haven?

Anonymous said...

I haven't read any of those or even heard of them.
I haven't been reading, been too busy, but that is a great to get such a list, because I have some time now!

Anonymous said...

anonymous was me, Danette
sorry about that