Sunday, November 15, 2009

Yellowstone Park

Here is a little more catching up. We really didn’t get a chance to make it up to Island Park as often as we normally would. This summer was just plain crazy. We had one weekend in June and it hailed on us and then we finally made it back a few weeks ago. It was a quick trip but we were able to spend the day in Yellowstone Park, something the boys love to do.

We didn’t get to the cabin until late Friday night and it was FREEZING! The next morning the temperature was around 17 degrees. Brrr. It did warm up though and we only needed sweatshirts.P1030917P1030923

We had company for lunch! Can you see him? This big lonely buffalo was camped out right next to the picnic spot. It was kind of disconcerting but we kept our distance (he looks closer in the picture than he actually was) and everything was fine. P1030949P1040007Every time we go to the Park I am amazed we don’t see more people gored. Seriously, some people are so stupid! There is a reason for this sign!

buffwarn

  The boys had a blast climbing over all the trees. They would have stayed there for hours.P1030996P1030958P1040013The “Stink Pots” as Sammy likes to call the paint pots.P1040045P1040063We thought the lone buffalo was going to be the only animal we saw but on the way out we came across a herd of elk. You just don’t see animals in the Park like you used to.P1040085

All in all it was a great weekend. Short. But great. There is just something about Island Park that is so restful. I wish we could have made it up there more this year but I am excited to go next summer…with our little Maggie in tow!!!

3 comments:

dhillman said...

great pictures--that buffalo is huge! We had so much fun with the boys in yellowstone--that brings back fun memories!

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

So cute...and the buffalo pictures...wow! You know what I loved the most, your Utah State shirts!!! I went there! Go Aggies!
I sure miss the ice cream!

Megan B ♥ said...

So glad you were able to get away. It looks like a fun vacay. How did you get your pictures to pop off the page?