Thursday, November 12, 2009

Halloween festivities

Alex had a friend over a couple of days before and we had a mini party. They decorated sugar cookies, ate mummy dogs, and carved pumpkins. Alex’s pumpkin is Harry Potter, if you look closely you can see the lightning scar. Sammy even carved his own and carved the word BOO for the mouth.P1040136 Halloween night we headed to our friends house for dinner and trick or treating. P1040230P1040154

The boys couldn’t get over the novelty of trick or treating in a real neighborhood instead of going around from car to car at our usual trunk or treat. They thought it was pretty great. After a few housed Sam came running down the sidewalk and said with complete satisfaction as he looked in his bucket, “I think I can handle this!”P1040163P1040176I did convince Merritt to wear his old Jedi costume but I don’t think it stayed on longer than a few minutes!  P1040253

2 comments:

BrOwN CiRcUs said...

So adorable :) Gratefully we have the holidays to keep us busy :) I don't think we will be traveling in December from the looks of others dates. I hear the airfare doubles from Dec 15th to Jan 1st... so maybe it's a blessing in disguise :) I hope your paperwork goes through quickly, then maybe we can travel together to China in January :)

Any news on Maggie's health?

Autumn said...

Ok, you guys are just WAY too cute! Mandee, I love your witches hat! Ha! So fun! The kids' costumes were both adorable, too. So cool the kids were able to do real trick or treating this year, too! Bet they had a BLAST!