Saturday, January 17, 2009

NOT, a stunt double

Okay, time for my excuse as to why I have not posted in awhile. The simplified version: I fell, no, I tumbled down the stairs. Two somersaults, a major whack on the side of the head (and a brief blackout) and landed on my head. Amazingly, nothing was broken. I just had a very slight concussion, one major headache, and a seriously messed up neck and pinched nerve. After three days flat on my back, a neck brace, and several chiropractor appointments I am doing much better. Still not great, but much better. It has taken awhile to be able to sit for very long without my neck seizing up. So how is that for an excuse. I just wish someone had seen the whole thing, it must have looked like something out of a movie.


Thank you to all the family and friends who helped me out with Sam. I don't know what I would have done with out you.

6 comments:

Autumn said...

Oh my heart, Mandee! I am so sorry this happened to you, and am also so relieved there were no more permanent or lasting injuries. Poor sweetie! You and I have hopefully now gotten our drama and accidents out of our systems for the rest of the year, right?! What a blessing to have such supportive family and friends as you recover. Please be gently with yourself (not that you have much choice) and I'll keep you in my prayers. Feel better! Hugs, Autumn

dhillman said...

Man, when you do it you do it up good! So sorry to hear that you have had such a rough time, but also so happy to hear that you didn't break something. Hope you are back to normal real soon.

P3 said...

Wow!!!! So sorry to hear about your fall... I'm glad you are doing better. I hope it continues :)

Beth said...

Yikes! But at least you've got a funny story to share.

Lindsay said...

Wow I can't believe that happened to you! I wish I would have known! I'm glad you had help though! Craziness! I'm glad you are doing a lil' better!

Megan B ♥ said...

Holy smokes, Mandee! That's insane, but I'm glad you are ok. Or... at least getting closer to that??!!