Alex and Sam had their Christmas choir concert tonight and I totally forgot to take the camera. I don't know what I was thinking, Sam was bound to do something funny or just embarrassing and of course he did. At least this time he didn't have his back to the audience for the whole performance (yes, he did that last time). Tonight he was pulling faces, exaggerating every word with his mouth, bending over, sitting down, flinging his arms everywhere, and he even fell off the riser once. The funniest part was when he started to "feel" the rhythm. They sang a song in Hebrew that starts out slow and gets faster and faster and faster. By the end he was bopping his whole body so hard he looked like he was going crazy. I honestly have no idea how to describe it, but it was funny. Every one was trying very hard not to laugh. The people in front of us were asking who he belonged too. Ours, thanks. He belongs to us. It was seriously one of those things you see on America's Funniest Home Videos...and I didn't even have a camera. And of course Alex was as serious as always and a couple of times I was afraid he was falling asleep standing up. He would blink a little too long and start to sway. (That may have something to do with the fact that he was up at 5:00 a.m. The little stinker.)
After the performance we headed to Rupe's for the traditional after performance treat. While we were sitting there enjoying our hamburgers and fries, some crazy Santa burst through the door yelling. I honestly thought someone was robbing the place, Alex thought someone was yelling fire, and everyone jumped. This crazy old dude, dressed in a really bad Santa suit stuffed with square pillows, goes marching through the restaurant yelling...loudly. His voice was freaky and sounded more like he should be yelling "I'm going to kill you" not "Merry Christmas". Most of the people in there just stared trying to figure out what he was doing. Merritt thought he was drunk, although he had two boys with him passing out candy canes and he got back in a car with a pretty normal looking lady. I think he really thought he was just a fun Santa making peoples nights, when in reality, not so much. After he left Alex decided he was definitely NOT one of Santa's real helpers and Sam called him a "freakin' out tooter-pooter". Seriously, weird.
Friday, December 5, 2008
A Freakin' Out Santa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Sam was way cute, I personally thought he looked like he knew how to river dance. Your blog is very cute and festive by the way.
Oh I wish we could have seen that! Sam is one of our favorite people!
HA HA HA HA HA!! What a hilarious post! If you ever find a video of that concert I'd love to see it. Sam's description of the weird and intense Santa had me in tears. So funny! Merry Christmas and thanks again for the laughs.
we saw your boys at the fine arts luncheon and they were hilarious in the choir! i'm sad you didn't have your camera!
That's too funny!
Post a Comment