Monday, November 17, 2008

Too Pure

I think I have been avoiding posting because I don't know how to express the feelings I have had the last couple of weeks. One of my dearest friends had an emergency c-section and delivered her twins at only 26 weeks. One of them, Dex, did not make it and Crew is fighting for his life. When I got the call last Monday I was in shock. I had just seen Megan a few days before at her baby shower. She was doing great, everything was normal. I was heart broken for them. These little boys had literally been answers to prayers. It was so frustrating to not be close enough to be there to help and support them during this time.

Merritt and I were able to go down Saturday to the funeral for Dex. It was beautiful and
absolutely perfect. The spirit was so strong and the words that were spoken were so comforting. I have had a few friends lose children and I can not even imagine having the strength to go through that. And yet each time these words from Joseph Smith come to mind, “The Lord takes many away, even in infancy, that they may escape the envy of man, and the sorrows and evils of this present world; they were too pure, too lovely, to live on earth.” How beautiful is that? Think of what that means to have been entrusted with a child who was so pure that they needed to be protected from this world, they simply needed a body and that was all. What an incredible blessing it is to have the knowledge of this gospel. To know that one day these families will be together again and that these mothers and fathers will be able to raise these beautiful little spirits.

We are so grateful that we could be there with our friends for that beautiful day. There were many, many tears but also a few smiles. We were able to go and meet Crew in the NICU that afternoon. What a sweet little boy. Thank you Megan and Justin for that time. The doctor had good things to say while we were there and yet we know that he is fighting for his life. My thoughts and prayers are with them continually.

You can meet Crew and his family and follow his ups and downs by going here.

2 comments:

dhillman said...

I am so sorry, I have shed so many tears reading her blog. We will pray for them.

P3 said...

I look at her blog daily to see how Crew is doing! He is in our prayers.