Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Finally

Our house is finally complete! Yes, we moved in last Thanksgiving but we have been waiting for the painters to come finish the doors and outside columns. The door is a brighter red than I had hoped, but it is done and that's all I care about. We had so many problems with our painters and I am glad to be through with them.

Now we just need to get to work on the landscaping. Our lawn actually came in really great this summer. I have to brag because Merritt has worked really hard on it. We hydro seeded last September and then it snowed one week later. It didn't do much last fall but Merritt worked like crazy this spring and it came in really fast. We have had several people (including a couple of landscapers) comment on how great it looked. And that was before we put a sprinkler system in. Merritt was watering one acre by dragging hoses! Yeah, that was A LOT of work. It didn't take too long before we decided we couldn't wait any longer for the sprinkler system and had it put in the end of July. Our landscaper said most people (with a sprinkler system) don't get there lawns as mature as ours in even 2 or 3 years. Quite the compliment.

5 comments:

dhillman said...

Congratulations! That is awesome. And good job Merritt! I miss our lawn. We want to put in a little patch of green somewhere in the back, but aren't any where close to landscaping at this point. I want a pool too. ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Megan B ♥ said...

Looking so very nice! Pix of the inside! Please please!

The VanOrden Family said...

thanks again for the tour! and i LOVE the red door! who knew you had such an eye for decorating. now i know who to call if we ever build a house!

Corinne said...

Hey looks good! Thanks for the comment on my blog, could you leave your e-mail address so I can invite you to keep reading? Thanks so much. See ya!

Jonathan and Katie said...

awesome dream house, Mandee. It's beautiful!!In so many ways I feel we have been truly blessed, but the one little thing I have always wanted, was to pick out my own house. We moved into our home as a job promotion. Then we ended up buying it. I like my house, but don't LOVE it. Yours is gorgeous! From the picture, your red door is awesome. :o)