Sunday, September 21, 2008

a little domestic

I have always avoided canning. For some reason I had it in my head that it was extremely complicated, messy, and time consuming. So when my sister sent a box of Utah peaches for me I begged my mom to come help me can them. It was so fun and so easy! We did 12 pint size bottles and 10 jars of jam. I felt so very domestic and I am totally hooked. Unfortunately, I don't have anymore time before the peaches are done. But maybe I will do some applesauce next?

5 comments:

dhillman said...

I am so jealous! First I would love to be at the cabin and then Peaches!? I can't stand it! WE were so hoping that we could get peaches from my mom and dad when they came for Maryn, but they said their spring was so late that it make them late.

Lucky!!

Jenny Lou said...

Hi, (I found you through Corinne by the way) I just canned peaches and some applesauce too. It really isn't that bad, especially when you do it with friends. :)

Megan B ♥ said...

Hmmm.... maybe we'll have to do it together sometime so that you can convince me. I'm still in the "complicated, messy, and time-consuming" frame of reference :)

Anonymous said...

Good job Mandee Moo. I canned grape juice from our very own grapes, and also felt very domestic. We have a peach tree too, want to come teach me next summer?

-Melissa

Anonymous said...

By the way, miss you and love you!