Friday, June 13, 2008

Summer?

Our crazy summer has begun. Every year I think, "Once summer comes things will calm down" or "As soon as school starts and we get in a routine things will calm down". And every year I'm wrong. Life just gets crazier and crazier. I think more than half of our weekends for the summer are already planned with trips. But that is okay, because I need something to keep these two hooligans of mine from driving each other crazy.

Now if the weather would just act like summer...that would be great. We are all going a little crazy. Merritt has not even been water skiing yet and it is mid-June. We haven't had to turn on sprinklers for TWO weeks (because of rain). And I think some of my flowers I planted may have been killed by frost this week. Yes, frost. In June. I'm ready for the heat, bring it on! And I'm sure in a few weeks I will be complaining that it is too hot!

I am actually grateful for the rain. We need it and honestly our yard is a pain to water. We thought we could get by without a sprinkler system for a couple of years. It only took a few weeks of trying to get the front yard watered and we decided to get a sprinkler system instead of a fence.

2 comments:

dhillman said...

It all sounds like so much fun! Well, except for your weather, I'm sorry about that. Alisa said her family woke up to snow on the ground, I think it was Wed morning? That is crazy.
I haven't been to Lagoon in ages either, and I am not sure that will change in the near future.
Our summer is filling up fast, and going by fast. That means Maryn is home sooner, so I say bring it on!

Megan B ♥ said...

I am the same way! I keep thinking things will slow down and they just don't. Ever!