Sadly, our little Sammy is no longer 100. For the past year he has proudly declared he was 100 whenever he was asked how old he was. There was absolutely no convincing him that he was only 3. In fact if you even dared to suggest it, he would scowl and defiantly declare he was too 100. A few weeks ago he just suddenly started saying he was three and that he would be four on his birthday. So...our little Sammy is four years old.
I hate that my baby is growing up. He just thinks he is such a big kid and can do anything Alex can do, and quite frankly I don't like it. I want him to stay my sweet little kissy, snugly boy that tells me he loves me about a thousand times a day. As difficult as he can be sometimes, it will be very hard to send him to kindergarten in two years. Yes, I still have two years, but I am already dreading that day. They truly do grow up too fast.
We had a little party last night. And can you guess what kind of cake it was? Duh, Thomas. He has been asking for a Thomas party since his 3rd birthday, which was also a Thomas party. Yes, he is a tad obsessed.
The best part was when he opened his card from Grandma DaBell. It had 5 one dollar bills in it and Sammy let out a squeal. "Money. I got lots of money. Look, I have lots of money. I'm going to show the kids. Look kids, I got money. Lots and lots of money." There were several variations of this with intermittent squeals as he shoved it into every ones face to see. I totally expected him to through it in the air and start rolling around in it. It lasted for several minutes. I must say it was quite hilarious and was by far the best reaction to any gift ever. I only wish we had had the camera or video camera ready.
Unfortunately, I did not really get any good pictures. This is about it.
Saturday, August 25, 2007
FOUR
Posted by Mandee at 7:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love the money story! And your boys and their love for Thomas...
Happy Birthday Sammy! We can't believe that you are four years old. Time flies. Love, Aunt Louie
Post a Comment