Monday, May 21, 2007

It's All Too Much

Well, it has started-the beginning of some very frustrating months. They started digging our hole on Thursday last week. We were so excited because it was a couple of weeks sooner than we anticipated. But after only a few hours they had to stop. It seems there is a problem with getting our building permit. It is only technical stuff, it shows our lot as .9 acres (smaller than it should be) and you can't put a septic and well on less than 1 acre. So now we are trying to straighten that out before they can continue digging. On the bright side they started early so now maybe they can start on time rather than late!

There isn't much else exciting going on right now. I've been spending my days packing, de-junking and cleaning. I have been reading the book "It's All Too Much", by Peter Walsh. It is a great motivator to just get rid of everything! I just had a garage sale a couple weeks ago and I am still filling up box after box of stuff for DI. It feels so good to get rid of "stuff". Our bedroom is so peaceful and nice now. It use to seem like a storage room, things would always make there way there to hide from guests. Now it only has clothes and bed and nightstands (with a couple of books). Seriously, if you are feeling anxious or depressed or whatever, get this book and de-junk. Man it feels so good! Okay, that's my soapbox for today.

2 comments:

Megan B said...

I love dejunking! I need to do a WHOLE lot more of it! Thanks for reminding me about how liberating it is!

Anonymous said...

I love dejunking too--i just can't seem to do it fast enough! Stuff seems to grow quicker than i can get rid of it! I started out really good as the move began but soon it became just pack it up and move it out, so i hope to do some more dejunking as we unpack over here!
Sorry to here about the problem, i hope it gets cleared up quickly for you.