Sunday, May 1, 2011

Mommy’s Baby… No… Daddy’s Big Girl

P1130459_crop4x6

Our dainty little princess has become quite the jabberbox.   Endlessly throughout the day, we are serenaded by her melodious little voice with the following phrases (over and over and over and over…):

“What da heck?!” – she gets this from her Mommy

“Gracious”

“Why you do dat, Mom?”

“Never mind”

“I Just kidding.”

“Where’s my Ale?” (she pronounces Alex without the x)

When I call her “Mommy’s baby” she will say “No. Daddy’s big girl!” and then start laughing. She finds it quite hilarious.

Some of her funny pronunciations or words she uses are: stick (popsicle), swimming soup (swimming suit), bassetball, I’m humry (hungry), I want pot (pop), I’n stowvin (starving).  When I’m shopping on the internet she wants to sit on my lap and demands tells me what she wants. “I want dat dress! I want does shoes! I want dat! I want dat!”

She loves to go to the babysitters house and will quite often wake up and say, “Celia’s house. Okay?”

She knows how to work an IPod touch and can even find her favorite shows (Dora and Ni Hao, Ki Lan)on Netflix on it.  I think we have created a little monster.  She is just 3 and can already work it better than her Daddy.

She is definitely a girl and loves to change her clothes 10 times a day.  She has a very strong opinion on what she will and will not wear.

She loves to sing. You can often hear her singing Wheels on the Bus, Zippity Do Da, Happy Birthday, Once There was a Snowman and Monkeys on the Bed. She also makes up songs all the time and I swear she is singing them in Chinese.  In the car, she must have the radio blasting so that she can DANCE.  If we delay turning on her songs even a few minutes, she starts yelling “Dance, Mommy, Dance!!!”  Not just any song will do.  It has to have a good dance beat for the little princess, or she will protest.

My wonderful and thoughtful husband took it upon himself a couple of weeks ago to introduce Maggie to the art of “head banging”.  Our dainty little girl is rapidly becoming a rock aficionado.  She is even playing a little “air guitar”.  I couldn’t be more proud.

P1130771A few of Maggie’s favorite things: her “bassetball” shirt, pretty toes, a pony tail “like mommy”, the IPod and her chair.

Regardless of what anyone says… she does not rule the house… well… maybe just a little.

0 comments: