Thursday, May 5, 2011

Making Muffins with Daddy

Daddy’s are not good for very much.  Mostly, we just make funny noises and smells around the house and tend to scratch ourselves a lot.  Oh… I guess we do that whole providing for the family thing, too.  However, if there is one contribution that this Daddy makes to the family is Saturday morning breakfast (well… if you take into consideration my desired waking up time on Saturdays… it would be much more like brunch bordering on lunch… but I digress…).  Maggie has decided that I am no longer allowed to prepare this sacred meal by myself.  She wants to “make muffims wit Daddy”.  She has her own little designated corner on the kitchen counter which seems to fit the little princesses’ bum perfectly.  Heaven forbid that she should be required to stand while helping.  Alex normally must crack all the eggs for us (Sam is off somewhere else doing whatever the heck it is that Sam does) while Maggie does the stirring.  You can just imagine the finely tuned assembly line that we have created.  We have taken what should be a 5 minute job and turned it into a 45 minute marathon.  Don’t you just love home cooking!!!  (Did I mention that it always comes out of a box).  That takes a lot of talent.  Hey, sometimes I get really wild and crazy and pull out all the stops… PANCAKES.  Oh yeah, baby.

P1130120

I have been forbidden to mention the fact that while me and the kids are slaving away in the kitchen, Mandee is normally still blissfully snoring (edited by Mandee) catching up on her beauty sleep.  I am too respectful of a husband to say something like that.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha Oh how I love the both of you and your family! I need to come visit quite soon! Miss you all!
p.s. I still remember that blissful snoring from Mandee from a few nights at girls camp. Just sayin' ;)
-Jamie Gale