Saturday, January 29, 2011

One Year

Exactly one year ago today we were arriving in China. I can’t believe it has already been a year. I have been going back through the posts and pictures from that trip and it has brought so many memories and emotions back.  The excitement  and anticipation and also the nervousness and even a little fear of the unknown.

In some ways it seems like just a couple of months ago and yet it is hard to remember what life was like before our Maggie. What a different home we would have with out her and her personality!

The past few weeks, actually since before Christmas, I have been thinking so much about where we were and what we were doing this time last year. I have thought about all of the struggles and tears that led up to that time and I am so incredibly grateful. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who literally guided us through that journey and led us to our daughter. P1040824

This is what we looked like at 9:00 am after waking up at 3:30 am to start our journey. Only 20 more hours to go. Notice that we are still smiling. P1040817

P1040827

This is the first glimpse of China after more than 24 hours of travel. What a wonderful sight. P1040833

3 comments:

Shireen said...

Wow! I can't believe it's been one year. We love Maggie and her funny personality so much!!!

Megan B ♥ said...

Unbelievable! ONE YEAR! Wow!!! It really is so hard to believe!

Kayce said...

It's been an amazing year! We're so glad we got to spend a good part of the trip with you guys and enjoy a meal together at Pizza Hut!! Happy Family Day too!!