Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy Freaking New Year… aka It is Perfectly Okay to Brainwash Your Children… (at least until they are 18)

Happy New Year, everyone.  This is Merritt speaking.  Mandee wants to be sure that everyone is aware of this fact up front.

We took a little family trip this New Year’s weekend to the 2nd happiest place on earth… Aggieland (also known as Logan, Utah).  We took the kids down for a basketball game and while we were at it, we couldn’t help striking some glamour poses in the family uniform:

k76034s1100664_5

k76034s1100664_14_3

We have been accused of brainwashing our children at their young and impressionable ages.  I don’t see the problem with that.  Do you?  I have no shame and I am really okay with that.

k76034s1100664_19

Seriously… my kids will be in a picture like this someday:

What more could a dad hope for?

After witnessing the Aggies “get all freaky” on the bad guys, we retreated to the hotel for some intense relaxation.

P1110835

PS… I am under strict orders not to post a picture with Mandee in the pool.  Accordingly, please disregard the next photo.

P1110843

Life just doesn’t get much better than this.

P1110846

If only our night had ended is this state of complete peace and goodwill.  But alas, it was not meant to be.  You see, we were under the obviously incorrect assumption that we would be able to spend the night at a quiet hotel on New Year’s Eve and not expect to have several hundred water buffaloes run through the hallways of each floor of the hotel while blasting air horns and screeching at the top of their lungs at the stroke of midnight.  Well, I guess that might have been a slight exaggeration… it may have only been a hundred water buffaloes.  On a serious note… have any of you ever been in close proximity to my kind, soft-spoken and gentle wife when she is awaken at an inopportune time during her peaceful slumber?  Let’s just say that there is a reason that all of our children have learned at a very young age to come to Daddy’s side of the bed in the middle of the night.  Needless to say, the water buffalo stampede came to an abrupt halt at approximately 12:03.

Happy Freaking New Year

4 comments:

The Hammond Family Blog said...

1st- I don't think a disclaimer was needed when the title included Happy "freaking" New Year. Though I do not know you Merritt, I do know that Mandee would have come up with a different title.

Glad that you had a good new year minus the water buffalos!

K said...

Mandee, you are not alone. You are not the only Mom to wake up suddenly a little cranky--wonder if it's because we get less sleep ;)

Vance King said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vance King said...

You are not alone in brainwashing your children. However, our children will be rooting for those whom you may call the "bad guys"...aka BYU. Go Cougars!!!!