Wow! This song is absolutely beautiful. It puts into words exactly what I have been thinking about and feeling the last few weeks. I have been thinking so much about what more I can do and also about how to teach my children to love to serve, to look to others and their needs, to be grateful for what they have and realize that there are so many children who are not as blessed as they are. I heard a commercial on the radio that kind of puts it into perspective. The basic message is “Almost giving is the same as not giving at all.” How many times do we have thoughts about doing something but never really act on it. Maybe we don’t know what we can do or who we can help. Maybe money is tight. Maybe we just never get around to it.
The best way I can teach my children to love service is by doing service and also by my example. My challenge to myself and to you this Christmas is to act. To do something. Please take the time to listen to this song (the whole thing) and really hear its message. Let’s all “Give This Christmas Away”.

5 comments:
Absolutely perfect sentiments for this Holy Season. Thank you, Mandee. I am going to take your advice and find ways to give this Christmas away. I especially liked the part where they said, if there's love in your heart, don't let it stay there...give it away. Love it!
Love this so much--I am going to put it on my blog too! I liked where it said do what love does even when no one is watching you. Such a great message!
Hi Mandee,
Thanks for your sweet words of encouragement. Is you back better since surgery? I am so afraid of back surgery, I should have it...but does it really work? Have a great week!
Mandee!!!! I was just at RQ and noticed your Article 5 news!!!! Yippy!!!
Mandee!!!! I was just at RQ and noticed your Article 5 news!!!! Yippy!!!
Post a Comment