Monday, July 28, 2008

Side Show

We just had another great weekend in Island Park with the Schwartz's and Bradshaw's...and no kids! We saw Hello, Dolly! at the Playmill Theatre and I was very impressed, they did a great job this year (last year we walked out of Footloose during intermission) . The rest of the weekend was spent playing Cranium and Settlers of Cataan and eating lots and lots of food. It has become tradition that we play Cranium (best 2 out of 3) guys against the girls. Every year the guys win...until last year when we became the new champions (and the guys had to jump in the reservoir in the middle of the night--click here to see pictures). Unfortunately, this year they won again. Fortunately, we had not agreed on anything for the losers to do! I am a little competitive when it comes to games, but I must say that this weekend brings out the worst in me. I have to win...and yet I generally don't! Actually, we all get a tad bit competitive when we get together! I did however win a game of Cataan, yea for me! Everyone that played won once except Mert who won two games. Oh well, it is all good clean fun and we leave as friends. Thanks you guys for a great weekend. We are looking forward to next year when the girls become the champions once again!
We bought a new Cranium game that has new activities. These are of the guys doing the side show. One person is the puppet and the other has to do charades by making the puppet move! They did not like that one at all...a little too much physical contact!


2 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Ahhhhhh.... good times :) What a blast, thanks for having us!

dhillman said...

Looks like a fun time!! It is a great tradition. See you in a week.