Conversation today between Merritt and Alex.
Alex: Daddy, these are my favorite numbers. 8, 12, 14, 16, 30, 97.
Mert: Why are those your favorite numbers?
Alex: (acting all embarrassed) I don't want to tell you, I'm embarrassed.
Mert: Don't be embarrassed, just tell me.
Alex: 8 because I get baptized, 12 because I get to be a deacon, 14 because I get to be a teacher, 16 because I get to be a priest, 30 because that's how old you and mommy are.
Mert: And what about 97?
Alex: (very sheepishly) Because that's when President Hinckley died and that's when I want to die too.
Alex has always had a special bond with Pres. Hinckley ever since he found out he shared the same birthday. But I still had a hard time not laughing. Funny kid!
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Favorite numbers
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
What a very sweet and brilliant little boy! I LOVE it!
Oohhh! That is what we all said in unison when we read it last night...Kelly, Kelsey and I! I showed them the post from when Pres. Hinckley died and his prayers. That is so cute. I am so glad you have that written here so that you can keep if forever in your blog book! Nice!
Glad to see you back...it has been lonely without some comments on my blog!
How was Women's week?
That is awesome and absolutely adorable!
Alex, such a cutie... Can't wait to see you guys in a few months.
He's such a smart cute lil boy! :) That's a super cute story!
Mandee. .. I found you, and I hope you don't mind me commenting! Your little Alex is so cute. I still hope he holds out for Anna! It looks like you guys are doing well. Come visit me on our blog!
Post a Comment