Monday, August 20, 2012

1st Day of School

ALL the kids started school today. The house was so quiet for a couple of hours this morning that I wasn’t quite sure what to do with myself. So rather than be productive I just enjoyed the silence!

We have had a lot of late nights the last little while and I wasn’t sure how this morning would go. But here is  a picture of Alex exactly one hour before we had to leave for school:

2012-8-20 (3)

Teeth brushed, bed made and bags ready to go. Sam on the other hand was struggling to get moving. (And yes those are Ego waffles. I’m one of THOSE moms.)

2012-8-20 (5)

After MUCH coaxing to get Sammy ready we had just enough time for pictures.

kids_1stday

My little Alex is not so little anymore. Today was his first day of junior high! That makes me feel so very old!

alex_1stdayalex_1stday_full

I couldn’t resist an opportunity to embarrass him and had to take a picture as he walked into the junior high. He was NOT thrilled but isn’t that my job as a mom?

alex_jrhigh

Sammy is in third grade this year. He is growing up so fast.

sam_1stdaysam_1stday_fullsam_backpack

I guess it’s not just embarrassing for junior high kids.

2012-8-20 (63)

The little princess started preschool. She is so excited to be a big kid and already loves Miss Amy and Miss Rhonda. She was so excited in fact that she changed her clothes (and hair) a couple of times before it was actually time to go. It was “red” day today and she just couldn’t make up her mind and wouldn’t even consider the cute dress I had picked out (even though it was red).

First outfit:

2012-8-20 (48)

Final outfit:

2012-8-20 (77)_crop

She is beyond thrilled that she gets to go to school with Max. Melissa took the kids to school today so that Maggie couldn’t pull her “cling-to-mommy” act. She said Max put his arm around her and walked her right into school and then when she fell during school he was right there to comfort her. He is so sweet and patient with her! Love these two! It is hard to believe looking at these two that they will be in the same grade. Maggie looks so little!

2012-8-20 (68) copy

She doesn’t look at all excited does she?

maggie_backpack copy

3 comments:

Jenni said...

such cute kiddos! And Austin has the exact same backpack as Sam! :) Crazy how fast our kiddos gor up....makes me sad!

'T' said...

Three very cute kids! I'm such a moosh moosh for that little Maggie. Even years later, every once and awhile the power, and gift of adoption just overtakes, and it's just so amazing isn't it?

K said...

Of course she chose a tutu!!! That is Miss Maggie and I love her. Can't wait for Pre-K to start so I can see her beautiful smile and all of her colorful tutu's ;)