Sunday, May 13, 2012

What we have been up to…

Spring has officially sprung.  Things have been a little crazy, so we have been very poor at keeping up our blog posts.  Here is a quick update on our family.

One of the first things that we always do when the weather turns warm is to plant the garden.  However, we inevitably plant things too early and our pumpkins end up getting frozen.  This year we decided to get a head start with our pumpkins, cucumbers, green peppers and asparagus.  We had the bright idea to plant the garden in dixie cups in our kitchen window sill until it stops freezing at night.  At least it sounded like a good idea.  We’ll let you know if it works.

IMG_2985

Merritt taking over… Mandee refused to write this part of the blog post.  I’m not insinuating that she is embarrassed about this… well… maybe that is exactly what I am insinuating…

I got a frantic call at work about a week ago.  It went something like this… “Merritt (sniff… sniff… then silence followed by a long dramatic pause).  As a side note… I always love it when a conversation starts this way.  “I am stuck in the garage.”  At this point, I was thinking to myself, “How in the heck can you get stuck in the garage?”  Being the very wise and compassionate husband that I am, I did not vocalize those thoughts. “I just ran into the garage door and now I am stuck in the garage with Sam (sniff… sniff)”.  No further commentary is needed, but here is a picture (Mandee just smacked me and requested that I clarify one crucial point… she just smacked me again… and now she just informed me that I am a dork… but I digress… SHE was not in fact stuck in the garage… it was in fact our previously flawless GMC Envoy that was stuck in the garage):

IMG_0380

This picture may make no sense, unless you think like Sammy.

IMG_2980

I just need to clarify for everyone that he tied himself up to the patio chair.  Once again… this only makes sense if you think like Sammy.

IMG_2975

Mandee here again…

About a week ago, Mema called and asked to take Maggie to lunch. Maggie was beside herself with excitement and sat waiting and watching for Mema to back out of her driveway. She LOVES going with her Mema and it makes her feel like a very big girl.

IMG_2968IMG_2970

Last Sunday was such a beautiful day and the kids begged to go on a picnic. So we packed a lunch and rode our bikes a block to the school and enjoyed the wonderful spring weather. Because you never know what tomorrow will bring…it might be 75 degrees and beautiful or 50 degrees and blowing…heck, there might even be snow!

IMG_20120506_143144

Maggie was very proud of herself.  She can do monkey bars all by herself (kind of).

IMG_20120506_142631

We are not quite sure what Alex was attempting in this picture. 

IMG_20120506_142827

Alex and Sammy wanted to teach me a lesson.

IMG_20120506_143549

Sammy has been a very sweet big brother to Maggie, lately.  The other night I found them curled up together reading a book.  How cute is that?

IMG_2992

Alex decided to throw his hat into the political arena.  This is his very creative campaign slogan (which his very smart mom stole off of the internet).

Alex_stud_web

We find out next week if “The Fonz” will represent the 7th grade on the student council next year.

IMG_2926

1 comments:

dhillman said...

We love his slogan--how did it turn out?