Friday, May 7, 2010

Playing Catch-up

A lot has been going on in the last couple of months and I haven’t been on top of the blogging like I would like to. I have also been horrible at taking pictures and as I sat here looking through them I realized how bad I have been. I print the blog as a book at the end of each year and I am missing so much of what we have been doing. But I think we have finally started to get in the groove of having a 2 year old again and Maggie is totally adjusted so if I could stop getting sick I may actually start to feel like I am getting things under control. Although, next Tuesday we will be heading down to Salt Lake City for Maggie’s open heart surgery (on Wednesday) which means it will be awhile before things really do calm down here. Oh well, that’s life. Right? Is it possible to ever actually feel like things are normal and under control?

The following pictures are totally random but I wanted to capture just a little of our life right now.

Playing Hide-n-Seek with Sammy.P1060528P1060531 This girl LOVES her Papa.P1060701

It is amazing how many hours of fun one box can provide.P1060753P1060744 

We love having family live so close and cousins to play with.P1060663 P1060683Maggie got her first haircut. P1060980

Maggie’s Blessing Day (April 11). Her Aunt Cindy made the beautiful dress that she wore for her blessing and when we had her sealed to us.P1070003P1070040

Despite the snow, we celebrated Easter weekend with a little egg coloring, an Easter egg hunt with the cousins, hidden baskets, a Family Home Evening on the Resurrection and we also listened to General Conference.P1060899

P1060914P1070062

Maggie is a twist-and-lick Oreo eater.P1070075She also likes to show you her chewed up food.P1070094We have had some beautiful spring days mixed in with the yucky snow and windy days. Maggie loves to be outside.P1070097 P1070099 P1070112 P1070118 Two best buddies.P1070149 This little girl is one messy eater! Food usually ends up everywhere, including her hair, because heaven forbid she let any one help her.P1070285       P1070289

6 comments:

K said...

Absolutely LOVE her dress for her blessing day! What an heirloom for her to have.

The Hammond Family Blog said...

You all look very HAPPY!!! Best wishes in the days to come. Hopefully Maggie will do well.

Kayce said...

Great post and love all the pictures. That last picture just cracks me up!!

You will all be in our prayers on Wednesday. If you need more than prayers, please let us know. LOTS of hugs to all of you!!

Megan B ♥ said...

Looks busy and fun. Let us know what you need while you are down here. You have my cell phone number, text any time!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!! PS, the blessing/sealing dress is absolutely spectacular! She did a great job!!!!

4ever said...

Hi Mandee,

I love all the new pictures! Happy late birthday to Maggie. I didn't realize how close in age our girls are. And I was happy to read about your temple experience. I will always remember that experience of being in the temple with my family. What joy! I will be thinking about you on Wednesday! Take care,

Jennie

Carla said...

I've been praying for you all the past 2 days...and I loved this update.