Friday, February 6, 2009

New Tooth and Accounting

While playing tag at recess today, Alex fell and broke his tooth on a metal bench. I was in Pocatello and Merritt had to go pick him up from school (not too convenient during tax season). About a 1/4 of the tooth was missing and Alex was in some pain because it had exposed some nerves. Mert took him into the dentist and they fixed him up right then. By the time I got home he had a brand new tooth so I was not able to get the before shot, but here is the after. It was his left tooth (your right looking at the picture) and the inside corner. We keep trying to get him to admit that he was playing kissing tag, but we just get scowls.

After they got done at the dentist Merritt had to get back to work and took Alex with him. Alex loves going to the office with his dad. Merritt put him to work as his own personal assistant. He had Alex getting papers from the copier, putting away files, delivering forms and whatever else he could come up with. Alex thought it was the GREATEST thing ever. Which reminds me of the conversation Merritt and Alex had on the way to school this very morning.

Alex: Daddy, I might change my mind about being a scientist.

Mert: What do you want to be?

Alex: (with a sheepish grin) I want to be an accountant.

Mert: I would love to have you work with me, but you don't have to decide that right now. I want you to be whatever would make you happy.

Alex then had some questions about who would be "manager" when Papa (Merritt's dad) didn't work there any more. He also wanted to know how many hours Merritt worked. So very Alex! What eight year old wants to be an accountant?!

2 comments:

dhillman said...

I think that is the same tooth I broke! I tripped over a kickball at school and it had a chipped corner too.
I love that he wants to do what his daddy does. That is so cute!
Love the pictures and love you guys!

Megan B ♥ said...

What 8 year old wants to be an accountant? Oh, I don't know. Merritt? Justin? Matt? LOL! I at least know that Justin did!